Monday, April 19, 2010

Where I am From

I am from Massachusetts,
California
And 9 different schools

I am from my mom
Who is stubborn,
opinionated
and independent

I am from the ocean
The redwoods
The city
And the mountains

I am from my Grandmother
Who is a worry wart,
crafty
and has always been there for me

I am from beanie babies
Pancakes and spaghetti
Card games
And basketball

I am from my grandfather, Bub,
Who was impatient,
funny
and a father figure

I am from the song my girl
The movie my Cousin Vinnie
The Harry Potter books
And poetry

I am from the Wonson’s
The Swanson’s, the Griffin’s, The Bray’s
And so many more
Just another branch on my family’s tree

2 comments:

  1. I've always heard you were a gifted poet...and now I know for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so so sooooo talented Nica

    ReplyDelete